Header AD

USE OF PHRASAL VERBS



what are phrasal verbs


A phrasal verb is a combination of words (a verb + a preposition or verb +adverb) that when used together, usually take on a different meaning to that of the original verb.

Here are some phrasal verbs that we can use when talking about relationships we have with other people. Some of them are positive, some are negative.

Look up to- To respect and admire someone. "She's always looked up to her mother. She wants to be just like her."

Fall for- To start having strong, romantic feelings about someone. "I'm falling for the new man in my office, he's so handsome!"

Fall out- To argue with someone and stop being friendly with them. "She fell out with her sister after her sister borrowed her camera then lost it".

Make up- To become friends with someone after a fight or argument. "I fight with my brother all the time, but we always make up soon afterwards".

Put down- To say bad things about someone, to insult. "It makes me angry when she puts me down in front of my friends".

Put up with- To tolerate, to accept an unpleasant situation, although you do not like it. "I can't put up with loud music by neighbour's playing any longer. It's driving me crazy".




 <script async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<script>
     (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({
          google_ad_client: "ca-pub-2218662338925385",
          enable_page_level_ads: true
     });
</script>





USE OF PHRASAL VERBS USE OF PHRASAL VERBS Reviewed by Pouomi Talukdar on June 15, 2019 Rating: 5

2 comments

Post AD